Valor is a ministry of Cru, and Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.
We are committed to the centrality of the cross, the truth of the Word, the power of the Holy Spirit and the global scope of the Great Commission. Read our Statement of Faith.
Cru offers spiritual guidance, resources and programs tailored for people from all cultures in every walk of life through many diverse outreaches, including:
- Movements on more than 1,140 college campuses nationwide, engaging thousands of actively involved students
- Ministry to military installations and communities across the U.S., as well as deployed units
- Partnership with more than 1,700 churches and organizations to reach America’s poor with the resources they need not only to survive, but also to succeed and overcome the challenges of poverty
- On-going spiritual enrichment programs with some 20 professional sports teams across the United States
- Marriage and parenting programming reaching a weekly audience of 1.5 million and some 60,000 conference attendees each year
- Spiritual support for more than 900 leaders and presidential appointees in the White House, Capitol Hill, the Pentagon, and foreign embassies
- We also have growing ministries in almost every country in the world
Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951, when Bill and Vonette Bright began the ministry on the UCLA campus. God had given him a vision portraying the total fulfillment of the Great Commission throughout the world. We are only a part of God’s workforce to accomplish that, but we are passionate about our part and how we can help others achieve their parts. From the beginning we have sought to be a caring community as well as a community on mission.
During Bill Bright’s first talk at a Greek sorority, he invited the group of 60 students to enter into a relationship with Christ and 30 became new believers. Within a few months, 250 students were involved.
Our goal is to give everyone an opportunity to know someone who truly follows Jesus.
Cru is committed to helping proclaim the gospel throughout the world. The context of winning, building and sending most often occurs best in relationships. Even when the initial proclamation penetrates from outside a community, typically the gospel continues to spread among family, friends, neighbors and peers. For example, when the woman at the well heard from Jesus, she ran to tell others: “Come and see!”